Friday, February 5, 2016

Why Linux is better than Windows


Dear reader,

For many years now, I am running Linux alongside Windows on one of my computers. It is a perfect way to compare Linux and Windows with each other.

And here is an example of why Linux is better than Windows.

I have this 2 GB USB flash drive that was, like, a present from my internet provider for being a loyal customer. For some reason - and I believe that the flash drive is simply defective - Windows Vista (please no bad comments about me still using Vista) is unable to read the files that are on the flash drive. Earlier, Windows Vista even "hung".

I managed to log out of Vista, rebooted my computer and fired up Linux Mint. The first try made Caja (that is Linux Mint's file browser, à la Windows Explorer) "hang", but I managed to close Caja. During the second try, I had more luck and I managed to copy all the files (save a "damaged" jpg picture) from the flash drive to a folder in Linux Mint.

I was even able to browse through the flash drive and open the various files that were on the flash drive.

To get to the point of my post: Linux Mint manages to do what Windows can not (and this is not the first time that Linux can do something, which Windows can not.).

Or in other words: Linux is better than Windows.

Take that, all you Windows fanboys and fangirls out there :) No pun intended :)

(Oh, it is advisable not to use that flash drive anymore.)

No comments: